1995 Mercedes- Benz SL600
You are looking at the ultimate Mercedes touring roadster that has been loving cared for and meticulously maintained. This body style was first introduced in 1990 and remained the same until the new body style was introduced in 2003.
The MSRP on this car was slightly over $140,000, approximately $50,000 more than the 500SL V-8 model. This was the ULTIMATE MERCEDES IN 1995!
This is a car that cruises effortlessly at 70 MPH. It delivers better gas mileage than the V-8 version because it is turning fewer RPMs. Built for the high speeds of the German autobahn, the car has a passing gear at 110 MPH! But please, obey all the rules of the road and the speed limit.
Once you have driven a Mercedes V-12, you will never want to drive a V-8 again. You have to experience driving this car on the highway to truly appreciate how incredible the design and engineering are on this car.
The 600SL also has better handling and suspension than the 500SL, as well as bigger wheels, tires, brakes and automatic traction control.
The mileage is documented by an Auto Check report which I can send to you. This car was delivered new in South Florida and was only driven an average of 6,000 miles a year. The owners were what are referred to in Florida as winter "Snow Birds." The car was kept in a climatic controlled garage when they went back up North in the Spring and stayed in the garage until they returned in the late Fall.
I can attest to the wonderful drivability of this fine motor car as I drove it home to New Hampshire from West Palm Beach, Florida, before winter set in. It was some 1,520 miles of great driving a Magnificent Flying Machine! (Actually, I obeyed all the traffic laws and enjoyed the scenery as well.) It has not been driven in winter and is carefully in my garage until the snow departs.
• 91,255 Miles
• 5-speed automatic transmission
• 12-cylinder 6.0 liter engine
• VIN WDBFA76E2SF124689
• Pearl black/charcoal paint
• Black convertible soft top
• Black factory hard top, with storage cart
• Removable wind deflector
• Rust-free, straight body
• Black leather upholstery
• 10-way power seats with 3-position memory
• Automatic climate control
• Automatic day/night rearview mirror
• Audio, navigation and communication
• Bose Acoustimass sound system with CD player
• Driver/passenger air bags, automatic pop-up roll bar
• 48-valve DOHC 6.0 liter V-12 rated at 389 HP @ 5200 RPM
• Front: Independent damper struts with separate coil springs and gas-pressurized shock absorbers, triangular lower control arms with antidive geometry and stabilizer bar
• Rear: Independent 5-arm multilink with separate single-tube gas-pressurized shock absorbers and coil springs, geometry for antilift, antisquat and alignment control, stabilizer bar
• ADS (Adaptive Damping System) — standard on the 600SL
• 8-hole alloy wheels